Thursday, June 25, 2009

"It's A Nice Day For A 'White?' Wedding" or "Better Late Than Never"

I know it's terribly late in the month of June to post a bridal outfit review. Bad me. Bad blogger. I had actually typed this up some months back and I'm just getting 'round to posting it. Hope you enjoy! :)

I rezzed Viola's avie waaaay back in 2006 A.D. ;-) Before the SL fashion industry was inundated, saturated, and impregnated, there were a few--a happy few--designers on the grid that existed for my shopping pleasure. (At least that's how I like to put it =P). Two of those designers were Fallingwater Cellardoor of Shiny Things and Hyasynth Tiramisu of Silent Sparrow. Since then, I've happily shopped in both stores with great frequency.

But what's odd is, for as many times as I've gone into Shiny Things, I was shocked to learn that, *somehow*, this ensemble had always eluded my field of vision:



Then again, I do play Oblivious Wench Extraordinaire a *bit* much and may never have noticed it before. So I guess it's not that big a shock that I noticed Silent Sparrow's "White? Wedding" dress and Shiny Things' TWO "Wilted Wedding Bouquets" for the first time this year!

However, maybe I'm not the only one who missed this cadaverous confection, in which case, I am glad to present these items to you, if for no other purpose than to make you aware of their very existence.

Textured with blood splatterings, old lace & embroidery, the "White? Wedding" is perfect for the goth bride who is uninterested in the typical meringue style on her wedding day. It will also work well if the bride is getting hitched on All Hallow's Eve, or enjoys partaking in Lily Munster, vampyric Lucy Westenra, or Bride Of Frankenstein roleplay. ;)





There is wonderful attention to detail going on here, from the ripped stockings, to the jacket-layered "extra blood", to the crowning glory of the veil, made by Calico Ingmann Creations.



As I said, there are TWO "Wilted Wedding Bouquets":





which match the dress in a beautifully grim fashion, and are available in "dark" and "pale" hues. What Fallingwater Cellardoor did that's Really Cool was add not only a hold script to the Bouquets, but ALSO a walk AO! Brilliant idea! After all, I don't care how non-traditional the bride is, ain't no way she wants to do the duck walk down the aisle!

Speaking of Shiny Things, I am also wearing Fallingwater's "Spring Stilettos" in white in these photos. But that was just my preference. Feel free to get creative! For example, if you wish to be A Very Gritty Bride, go with Fallingwater's "Old Laceup Boots" under "White? Wedding" instead!

Between the Dress and the Bouquets, I am reminded of three bridal archetypes: First is the apparent "undead bride" style. Second is the "heirloom" variety as if the dress was your grandmother's. And the third archetype is the poor jilted Miss Havisham from Dickens' "Great Expectations." Not that I wish that kind of misfortune on ANYONE, mind you. Rather, if you are one of the few, the happy few, who are fortunate enough to get hitched here in SL, I wish you and your betrothed lots and lots of Happily Ever Afterness, no matter how flamboyantly freakish your wedding ceremony! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment