Thursday, June 18, 2009

"Demon-strative Evidence"



I am probably the last person on the grid that can write code or explain how it works. In truth, I couldn't script my way out of a paper bag. The little I do know about scripting is thus: Scripting, or "coding," is a terribly intricate language written by incredibly intelligent people, aka "code monkeys", who then apply the script to the object it's intended for. Then, that scripted object performs Really Cool Things in SL. Scripting is what causes the tail of the neko, or, for the sake of this article, of the demon, to go "swish!", it's what makes us shake our groove thangs when we click on a dance ball, and it brings your RL emotions to life when you use your multitool to hug your best friend.

Much like that light switch you flip on when you enter a room, the effects of scripting seem instant and simple, yet are complex and amazing at the same time.



The RL counterpart to Kohl Staheli was a coder, designer & software architect for many years, and still is. Upon creating his pixelated version, the self-proclaimed demon wanted to see if the grid could be used "as a simple communication medium". That did not pan out as intended. However, he discovered that SL held great promise for developing content, of which Kohl has a rather strong interest.

And I am quite happy he chose the latter route, because what was developed was a really sleek and fun product line of interactive sex and RP items, which are available at his store, called 2ndXtasy.

The store has a small, yet impressive inventory, which is good for those of you who pick quality over quantity when shopping. There are several HUD-controlled products which seem to work with each other rather nicely.

For example, if you're planning a fun romp with that special someone(s) you can use the lasciviously arousing Invisible Overlays with each other:



Maybe add in the diabolically stimulating Demon Horns & Tail:



check out the chains!


Then you have a titillating set of ingredients which make for a pretty sensual recipe, if you ask me ;)

Or, consider the new "Nature's Restraint" line, for some BDSM fun....

Up until this release, I was not a big fan of in-world BDSM products. Take, for example, the X-cross. The crosses are often made of rough, splintery wood, which can be really uncomfortable, and not in a good, kinky way. And they're found in most BDSM-themed dungeons and castles, which tend to be cold and damp, and trigger my allergies (yeah, I know it's only virtual, but still), again, not in a good, kinky way ;)

Well what's the point of BDSM if the end result isn't fun? ;) And who says that all BDSM has to take place in dark, dismal environments?

This is why I went positively mad when I saw 2ndXtasy's "Nature's Restraint". This flower cross is just one piece from the line:



I tried out the flower because I was curious if my directionally-challenged self could easily interact with it, and lo, I could! I was also pleased to see how well made it was and how nice the texturing was…..and because I couldn't resist from indulging in a brief Merry Gentry-esque fantasy ;)

Immediately I envisioned delicious fantasies being played out by Sidhe folks in green, sylvan sims with bright prim sunlight beams shining down on the participants.

If you are into the Fae side of SL, I couldn't recommend a better line of products to satiate the sensuous side of your Seelie or Unseelie desires.

All in all, 2ndXtasy has a wonderful collection of cleverly and responsibly made items.

Why do I say "responsibly"?

When a scripted item does its magical voodoo, sometimes it results in such laggy conditions that one has little choice but to move by dragging him or herself along by their own eyelids! (Think about the last time you tried to walk thru fog, or came in contact with the “smoke” that came from a scripted cigar or campfire) Kohl Staheli informed me that 2ndXtasy's scripts are written to a high standard so that they don't "hurt the sim". (Yes, other things do indeed cause lag, but I'm referring to scripts here.)

So, I am happy that I learned of 2ndXtasy with plenty of items that are well-made, sim-friendly, have a healthy dose of naughtiness, and most importantly, fun! I am delighted of the opportunity to inform you of this store.

Credits:
Demon Horns & Tail and Restraints: 2ndXtasy
Leather Corset Dress & Shrug: .:ATSD:.
Boots: TheAbyss
Hair: Deviant Kitties
Fae Dress: Simone!
Eyes: Celestial Studios

No comments:

Post a Comment